We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means:
- You should be able to navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- All non-text content that is presented has a text alternative (unless the non-text content is purely for decoration).
- Captions are provided for pre-recorded video-content.
- All pages have titles that describe the topic or purpose.
- The website text has been written as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible is this website?
This website is currently compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 A standard (WCAG). Refugee Economies is currently working with a website developer to ensure that content is compliant with the WCAG 2.1 AA standard. We aim to complete this work by the end of 2021.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format (such as large print), please contact Madison Bakewell via email: email@example.com. We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as we can.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We have a plan to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems whilst this work is underway, please contact Madison Bakewell, via the email address listed on this page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Refugee Economies is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1AA standard.
Our website is not fully accessible. For example:
- Some text and images do not have sufficient colour contrast.
- PDF documents are not fully accessible.
- Some audio files do not have transcripts.
- You cannot modify the line height spacing or text.
- Some content is not fully usable when text is enlarged.
Work is ongoing to improve the website’s accessibility.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We want our website to offer the best experience possible for all of our users. In addition to fixing known issues, we continue to work on website content and structure. We are working with Optima to carry out a comprehensive review and update of the website over the next twelve months.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 11 December 2020. It was last reviewed on 11 December 2020.
This website was last tested by Optima in December 2020. The website will also be tested within the RSC on a regular basis.